Membership

Rapid Raid

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voegelion
Leader
Banquet

re: Tentative BG Twins Hard Mode Strategy

We are still working on this fight, so I will try to keep this updated as we refine our strategy.

Basic info: There are two bosses, one fire and one shadow. Almost all of their damage is tactical, so mitigation and morale is greater than B/P/E for tanks. They build corruptions that increase their damage, and each has over 400k health at the start of the fight. Once both are under around 270k in health dread will begin increasing. When a twin is below approximately 230k health, eyes will be put over people's heads, heralding the immanent dropping of a pool of fire or fear, depending on the twin. The shadow twin puts contagious but removable fears on people throughout the fight.

While the fire twin is up, entering melee range with the shadow twin will cause her to use an AOE knockback that does about 6k damage. Since hard mode involves killing the twins within ten seconds of each other, melee classes will be focused on the fire twin.

The fire twin has a damaging aura around him, as well as a stacking debuff that increase power costs and decreases melee damage. He will also put a large fire dot on whomever he is aggroed on. When this dot reaches 1300 a tick, he will put a yellow eye above that person's head, which counts down to an AOE knockback and aggro wipe.

Strategy: At the start of the fight, one tank will pick up the shadow twin and ranged tank her, the other will grab the fire twin. After a few seconds a champ in glory will also start building aggro on the fire twin. RKs and LMs will focus corruption clears on the shadow twin, while melee will handle the fire twin (sting and feral strikes need to be used extensively, as well as the burglar's burst clear). Healing and ranged DPS will stand in the center of the room.

The champ and guard will have to trade off aggro in order to keep the fire dot (and hence the aggro wipe) from building too high. They will also need to back out at times to reset the debuff. After aggro has been established DPS will take the fire twin down to about 360k. Then the ranged DPS will switch to the shadow twin and take her down to 30k. Fear puddles on the main group will be dropped along the walls with the bookcases and braziers. The fire twin tanks will try to drop theirs along the walls near where they are tanking, and the shadow twin tank will sidestep out of the puddle after dropping it.

Once the shadow twin is at 30k, dps will switch back to the fire twin, who will hopefully be between 270k-300k. He will be burned down until he is dead, and the raid will quickly finish the shadow twin (whose tank will have been slowly taking it down from range). Ideally the shadow twin will have 2k-5k health when the fire twin dies; she should certainly not have more than 10k. The raid leader can direct some ranged DPS onto her to help bring her down if the ranged DPS of the tank is behind.

Oathbreakers should be thrown when DPS switches back to the fire twin and LS/IHW and FH are clear when the fire twin is below 100k.

Wardens, who I think would be ideal tanks for the shadow twin, should be traited shield + masteries, and spam masteried conviction.

Everyone should use self-heals and health pots when they can. If you drop a puddle, take a pot. Also, move out of a puddle as soon as you have dropped it so you don't take any extra damage. Also, overlap puddles as much as possible.
Skarren
Lunch Box

So one thing I noticed last night was our lack of DPS. The hunters ended up pulling agro from Sulris anyway once DPS started on the shadow twin and in general it just seemed to take forever. I know from my perspective I am considering taking my bog lurker pet which has must better ranged DPS (with no power output by me) and also gives a much higher crit chance to ranged damage. Just seems like another turbine fight that slaps you around for taking a balanced raid not to mention that melee DPS seems to be hated in this zone..

I agree that DPS was a problem (the melee folks left on the fire twin had to slow down considerably during that part due to the slowness). A ranged dps pet might indeed help. Other points:

1. I think a warden is superior to a guard on the shadow twin, as wardens have better ranged aggro, more ranged dps, and provide off-healing. That said, I think we can certainly beat this with a guard on the shadow twin if we improve in other areas.

2. Holding off DPS on either Twin for a while after we start the fight might help, as it would allow for better aggro on the shadow twin.

3. Were captains making sure to refresh marks after each debuff wipe? Making sure to have strength of will up at all times will help with power costs for the raid, and renewing IDOME helps also.

4. We still need to improve our aggro management on the fire twin.

5. The burglar could perhaps keep revealing up on the shadow twin some of the time, since there are frequent breaks out of melee on the fire.

6. I don't know if healing ever looked in hand enough for the RKs to throw a scribe's spark in from time to time, but if it didn't, improvements on healing could help a bit with DPS there.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Snacks Forum Index -> Mirkwood All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: